Marissa’s Postpartum Wishlist
Since we already went over the “fun” parts of shopping for the arrival of a new babe, it’s only right that we get down to the nitty gritty of the joys of postpartum life. These aren’t nearly as glamorous, but they’re too important to ignore. Here’s a list of things I’ve picked up (or am planning to pick up) for myself now that our newest tiny human is here. Full disclosure, there’s a lot of talk about boobs. You know we keep it authentic here at WeeStructed!
1. Tubby Todd Freshening Spray : Because, spit up. And days without showers. And all of the glory that is the newborn stage. This spray smells great and can (most likely will) be used from head to toe!
2. Lansinoh TheraPearl 3-in-1 Breast Therapy Packs : I’m not exaggerating when I say that these saved my life when the twins were born. They can be used hot, cold, and during pumping to help with let-down. I have two sets so that one can be hot and cold at the drop of a hat.
3. Gilligan O’Malley Nursing Cami from Target : There are tons of different nursing bras and tank tops on the market, and trust me, I shopped around! I ended up landing on (and obsessing over) these. They’re cheap, comfortable, and easy to come by. I lived on these the entire time i nursed the boys (and maybe a little while after, but who’s counting?).
4. WeeStructed “Raising Tiny Humans Is Exhausting” 32oz. Hot/Cold Stainless Steel Traveler : I felt like I had just walked through the Sahara for weeks postpartum. I chugged water all day; and this traveler will be a great staple to keep next to me. It keeps drinks cold for up to 24 hours (you can’t beat that!). This bad boy will likely be paired with the Costco tub of animal crackers… Don’t judge.
5. NursElet Bracelet (and Shirt Holder) : Now I’ve nursed babies, but only ever two at a time. Feel free to laugh, but I had to ask my friend how to nurse one baby in preparation for this one’s arrival :). This NursElet bracelet is a great way to not only hold your shirt up and out of the way while nursing, but also to remind you which side you left off on! And it’s so stinking cute- I need it!
MARISSA ELLIS IS A WIFE, MOTHER OF THREE, AND ALL AROUND AWESOME HUMAN BEING. SHE RESIDES IN DENVER, COLORADO.