I was born with a serious stubborn streak and an individualistic nature. (Those of you who know me will nod your head in agreement.) As soon as I could dress myself, I did. Cut, stitch, rip, pin, shred, dye…I had to “alter” every piece of clothing. Grandma’s clothes from the 1940’s? Yes, please. Grandpa’s polyester slacks from the 1950’s? Even better!
Then, life zooms by and now I have three tiny humans: “Lily Pie,” “Rem Dog,” and “Fletchy.” I started this company for them. And, I started it for moms like me who give our all to raising tiny humans to the best of our ability.
- Mom: The woman who loves you unconditionally from birth, the one who puts her kids before herself and the one who you can always count on above everyone else.
- Culture: the customary beliefs, social forms, and material traits of a racial, religious, or social group; the set of shared attitudes, values, goals, and practices that characterizes an institution or organization.
We are Mom Culture. Our journeys may be different, we may do things differently than one another, but our core values and culture are the same.
We are women who love unconditionally, who mother will all our hearts and we share the same common culture goal to simply do our best to RAISE GOOD HUMANS!
So, here’s my Mom Culture “manifesto” in a few bullet points:
- I believe in being as eco-conscious and earth-friendly as possible;
- I believe in designing, creating, and selling apparel with “soul;”
- Quality is important to me. I won’t sell anything I wouldn’t buy for myself or my own family.
As I open my virtual doors today, I’m checking an item off my “bucket list” and starting down a new and exciting path.
I promise to give you and your family my best.
Thanks for coming on this journey!
Sarah Komers, Founder
Mom Culture, est. 2013