Teach the dream on MLK Day
Are you looking for ways to teach your littles about Martin Luther King Jr. this month or incorporate him into next month's black history lesson plans?
Check-out a few of my personal favorites below.
1. A Kids Book About Racism We added this to our library last year as a conversation starter with our then 1st grader. I'm a big fan of this company and their little books with a big impact. USE CODE: MOMCULTURE2021
2. Who Was Martin Luther King Jr.? All three of my kids have read this at different times, and it's perfect for any biography projects or to host a "moms book club" read-aloud with your littles.
3. The Colors of Us Helps teach diversity and makes the perfect lesson plan crafting with our next two recommendations.
4. People Shapes™ Are one of my kid's favorite crafts. We love to make people together and have a puppet show play. This pack is diverse and makes for a great lesson plan to go with The Colors of Us book.
5. People Colors. I love Lakeshore learning and their diverse crafting supplies, especially the People Colors that come in a jumbo size for toddlers and littles, regular size crayons, and pencils, making your craft time diverse.